Looking to expand your business internationally on social media??
Social Media marketing is the most important & effective way of marketing in today’s digital age. However, as people habituate to digital activities, the crowd in the digital world also increases day by day. Now simply creating a post or video and posting it on social media is not enough, you will neither get any result nor any growth in this way. Now, if you want to succeed on social media then you have to plan everything with proper strategy.
Best Business Networking Platform in india
2. Setting Clear Objective:
Before planning a content strategy for social media for business, you need to clarify your objective at the very beginning. What do you want to achieve through your social media marketing strategy? Do you want to generate more awareness so that more and more people may know about your brand or Do you want to generate more sales through your social media marketing campaign?
3. Deciding Consumer Demographics for Targeted Location:
If you’re from India you probably have some knowledge of our audience, which means understanding how most Indians think, what they want, what they need, how they look etc. The more details you have about your customer, the more effective your marketing campaign will be. So, according to this, first, you have to do research and gather the information about the audience you want to target to expand.
Now, what kind of demographic information do you need to make your social media marketing effective?
- Age: Which age groups are most likely to be interested in your products or services?
- Gender: Are you targeting men, women, or both?
- Location: Where do your target customers live?
- Income: What is their income level?
- Education: What level of education do they have?
- Occupation: What kind of work do they do?
- Interests: What are their hobbies and interests?
- Language: What is the preferred or native language of your target audience?
These are the must-have metrics to plan an effective social media marketing strategy. If you want to make your marketing more targetted and personalize you can also collect information like:
- Marital Status: Knowing deeply about your customers always be helpful for marketing targets. Suppose your business is related to couples like wedding-related business, then targeting couples would be more effective than targeting Males or Females.
- Family Status: Suppose your product is related to a baby then your buyer would be their guardian. So, if you know about the family status your campaign would be more conversational.
- Online Behaviour: If you know how your audience uses social media how often they spend time on social media and what type of platform they use frequently, your social media campaign will be more cost-effective.
- Technological Proficiency: if you know better how your audience is tech-savvy, it will be helpful to design your landing page or the conversion funnel more actionable.
- Values and Beliefs: This factor is also more important If you try to target internationally then you must do research about their values and beliefs. For entrance: Indians prefer to join a family while in the USA & Canada people prefer to have a Nuclear family If your business is related to the family then you have to plan accordingly.
This additional interest will highly affect the conversion and cost of social media marketing content planning and advertising planning.
4. Platform Selection for international audience
Platform selection is also important if you want to target internationally. Every country has its own popular and less-used social media platforms.
So, if you want to target effectively then you must research the most used and less used social media platform. So, you better know what kind of content you have to plan.
For example: TikTok is the most popular short video-sharing social media platform worldwide but banned in India..
5. Content Strategy for Global Audiences
In today’s time, relying solely on planning organic content on social media will not work. It would take an exceptionally long time to get the desired results through an organic campaign, I mean really very long, approximately 5-6 years. So, you have to do Mix planning with Organic & Paid.
Organic Content Strategy: In organic content strategy, you must also plan a mixed strategy for different types of content formats like; short videos, Single Creative Images, Carousel Images, Stories, etc.
During the content planning phase, you have to keep objectives in mind as to what is your main purpose behind this content strategy.
Brand awareness: If you want more awareness of your brand then your content should be about problem-solving, brand storytelling, Viral Content, Checklist type Content, Informative Content, and Contagious type of content on social issues that people like to share.
Conversion: If you want more conversions from the campaign then your content would be around product features & product benefits and instant offers.
Suggestion: We will suggest that you plan to mix as your brand awareness will grow your conversion will automatically grow. When you are planning for both then make a ratio of 80-20. 80% of brand awareness content & 20% of product-related content or Offer content.
Decide the Estimated budget for Paid Marketing: before starting a Paid Social Media Marketing campaign, first make a budget forecast.
As we said in the organic Content planning to keep your objective very clear in your mind will also apply here. You have to be very clear about what is your goal for running ads on social media, and what you want to achieve from social media.
Once you’ve defined your goals before launching ads, you can effectively track the metrics that reflect the performance and growth of your campaign.
6. Metrics To Track for Social Media Marketing Campaign
Now, you must know the social media metrics to track properly your campaign performance whether it will be organic or paid.
|Matrics to track brand awareness||Matrics to track Conversion.|
|Reach||Cost per Conversion (CPC)|
|Engagement Rate||Click-Through Rate (CTR)|
|Shares||Landing Page Conversion Rate|
|Mentions||Lead Generation (number of leads generated)|
|Brand Sentiment||Sales (number of sales generated)|
|Click-Through Rate (CTR)||Return on Ad Spend (ROAS)|
|Hashtag Performance||Cost per Acquisition (CPA)|
|Video Views||Shopping Cart Abandonment Rate|
|Audience Demographics||Conversion Funnel Drop-off Rates|
|Referral Traffic||Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)|
|Social Share of Voice||Average Order Value (AOV)|
7. Influencer Marketing on a Global Scale
Influencer marketing is also an important part of social media marketing. Influencer marketing is capable of giving an instant boost to your products and brand but it will only happen when you do it consciously & strategically, Which Means if your business has a good competitive advantage and you must select the right influencer to witness its true impact. Let’s delve into how to execute influencer marketing effectively.
- how to find influencers: finding the right influencer for your business is paramount and for this, you can do a manual approach or you can leverage tools for it. There are lots of tools in the market. Like: AspireIQ, Upfluence, and Traackr. Many companies provide influencer marketing services, and you can engage them for a seamless approach.
- Partnering with international influencers: If you decide to do it yourself then finding an influencer is not enough. You have to evaluate their credibility. Like: you have to check their follower count, Content quality, and audience interaction. Additionally, you should negotiate with them regarding terms, contracts, and costs to ensure cost efficiency and high performance. It’s also vital to discuss legal compliance, ensuring that influencers adhere to advertising and disclosure regulations in their respective countries.
- Measuring the impact of influencer collaborations: Evaluating the effectiveness of influencer marketing is crucial. You can achieve this by analyzing metrics aligned with your campaign’s goals. Determine what your objectives were for the influencer marketing campaign and measure how much you’ve accomplished. Depending on your campaign’s goals, You can track brand awareness metrics or conversion metrics according to your influencer marketing campaign objective.
8. Data Analytics and Monitoring Social Media Marketing
Data analytics and monitoring are crucial aspects of social media marketing and influencer marketing, especially when taking a global approach. Here’s how you can effectively utilize data analytics and monitoring for these strategies:
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): To track your marketing performance efficiently you have first clarify your key performing metrics according to your objective. we have already mentioned some metrics above according to the objective.
- Select the Right Analytics Tools: Select the right analytics tool according to your goal. Suppose you want to track only followers and reach then the Facebook analytics tool would be enough. But if you also want to track website traffic then you have to also use Google Analytics or Microsoft Analytics. There are also lots of premium paid analytics tools that you can use for more details. The name of some premium analytics tools is mentioned below.
- Implement UTM Parameters: Use UTM (Urchin Tracking Module) parameters in your campaign URLs to track the source of traffic from different regions. This allows you to see which social media posts and influencers are driving traffic and conversions on your website.
- Monitor Multilingual Conversations: If your global approach involves targeting audiences in different languages, invest in social listening tools that can monitor conversations in multiple languages. This helps you understand how your brand is perceived and discussed in various regions.
- Monitor Influencer Performance: When running influencer marketing campaigns globally, use influencer tracking tools to monitor the performance of each influencer. Measure their impact on your KPIs and assess which influencers are most effective in different regions.
- Analyze Cross-Channel Data: Integrate data from various social media channels and sources to get a holistic view of your global social media marketing efforts. This includes data from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and more.
- Create Custom Reports: Customize your analytics reports to focus on the specific metrics that matter most to your global strategy. These reports should provide actionable insights for optimizing your campaigns.
- Regularly Review and Adjust: Continuously review your data and adjust your social media and influencer marketing strategies based on the insights you gain. Be agile and responsive to changes in audience behavior and market trends.
9. Tools for Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing relies on a variety of tools and software to manage, analyze, and optimize campaigns. Here’s a list of different types of social media marketing tools, categorized by their functions:
1. Social Media Management Tools:
These tools help you schedule posts, manage multiple social media accounts, and collaborate with team members.
2. Social Media Analytics and Monitoring Tools:
These tools provide insights into social media performance, audience engagement, and sentiment analysis.
3. Content Creation and Design Tools:
Tools for creating eye-catching graphics, images, and videos to share on social media.
4. Influencer Marketing Platforms:
Platforms to discover and connect with influencers manage influencer campaigns, and track performance.
5. Social Media Advertising Tools:
These tools help you create, manage, and optimize paid advertising campaigns on social platforms.
6. Social Listening and Sentiment Analysis Tools:
Tools that monitor social media for brand mentions, track keywords and analyze sentiment.
7. Hashtag Tracking Tools:
Tools to monitor and analyze the performance of specific hashtags across social platforms.
8. Social Media Automation Tools:
Automation tools help you schedule and publish posts at optimal times and automate repetitive tasks.
9. Social Media Reporting and Dashboards:
Tools that create custom reports and dashboards to visualize social media performance data.
10. Audience Research and Analytics Tools:
Tools that provide in-depth insights into your social media audience, including demographics, interests, and behavior.
11. Social Media E-commerce Tools:
Tools that facilitate social commerce, enabling users to shop directly from social media platforms.
12. Social Media Customer Service Tools:
Tools for managing customer inquiries and providing support via social media.
13. Social Media Contest and Giveaway Tools:
Tools to create and run social media contests and giveaways to engage and grow your audience.
14. Employee Advocacy Platforms:
Platforms that encourage employees to share company content and amplify your brand’s reach.
15. Social Media Security and Compliance Tools:
Tools that help manage security, compliance, and access control for social media accounts.
Each of these types of social media marketing tools serves a specific purpose, and the choice of tools depends on your marketing objectives, budget, and the social media platforms you use for your campaigns.
Social media marketing is the most important part of expanding internationally. However, you have to plan everything meticulously and track regularly. Some international markets are crowded, such as the USA, Canada, and Australia. So, if you’re planning to enter these types of crowded markets, you will need to produce quality content in sufficient quantity and also budget for paid social media campaigns properly.
Why social media presence is important for business?
Social media presence is crucial for businesses as it enhances brand visibility, engages with customers, and drives marketing efforts in the digital age.